Duration: 1 day
Exam Included: No
- 1 day ITIL Overview + 1 day Apollo 13
- 2 days ITIL Overview (extended coverage on certain phases if needed)
This one day overview is designed for those who either do not wish to undertake the full three day ITIL® Foundation level of study (including the exam), or those who just want a basic level of knowledge of IT Service Management ‘Best Practice’. It is also applicable to those who work alongside Service Managers and require an insight into IT Service Management requirements, the relevant mind-set and terminology.
About the Courses
The day will cover, at a high level, the principles behind the ITIL® framework, and the benefits that could be achieved within an IT team if some/all the processes were to be implemented.
All of our tutors are experienced and accredited ITIL® Experts with relevant ITSM (IT Service Management) industry experience. They will explain in detail the benefits, inputs, outputs and challenges of each of the lifecycle stages:
ITIL® Service Strategy
You’ll learn how customers, users and IT work together to achieve the aims of the organisation.
ITIL® Service Design
You’ll learn how to ensure that the design of any services meet the needs of both the organisation and the IT teams.
ITIL® Service Transition
You’ll learn about building and testing the services defined in the design stage, prior to promoting them to the live environment.
ITIL® Service Operation
You’ll learn about the processes that will need to be in place to support the services once they have been implemented. You’ll also learn about what is needed to monitor and support the services and fix any issues that may be identified.
ITIL® Continual Service Improvement
You’ll learn that the aim of Continual Service Improvement is to regularly review the services in order to identify if any improvements are required.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is about to embark in a role within an IT team, especially those responsible for the support and delivery of IT services to the organisation.
- Reduced costs achieved through fewer incidents caused by failed change (less rework)
- Improved productivity through more efficient and effective processes
- Increased customer retention via improved customer satisfaction
- Competitive advantages through improved speed to market of IT goods and services
- Better adherence and compliance to contractual obligations in turn reducing legal risk and the associated costs
- Enhanced career prospects with your organisation
- Improved job opportunities within the ITSM industry
- Increased job satisfaction
- A better understanding of your role and the role of others, reducing conflict which may lead to stressful situations
- The ability to measure your personal performance and worth based on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Comprehensive course materials
- Follow up guidance if required by telephone / email
There are no formal entry requirements for this training course, although delegates should ideally have a general awareness of IT and a basic understanding of the business environment.
All our courses are available both as public and as a closed group (company internal).
Once you have completed your training and passed your exam you have several options available to you for further study and career enhancement.
ITIL® Capability Modules
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please contact us for more info.