The ITIL® Practitioner Training Course was developed in collaboration with Practitioners worldwide to help organisations and individuals increase the value they obtain from using the ITIL® framework by offering additional practical guidance to adopt and adapt the framework to support the business.
The course is designed to take you beyond the basic information communicated at the ITIL® Foundation level. This course could be seen as the next step for ITIL® professionals who wish to know more about how to adopt and adapt the ITIL® principles within their organisation, and the business value of well-designed and delivered services. We would recommend that you have gained a substantial amount of experience within the IT Service Management field prior to undertaking this course.
It is also equally applicable to those who have already taken Intermediate level training and even those who have achieved ITIL® Expert level, as it will help guide you through the practical side of successfully applying the theory in the workplace.
We have decided that it is in your best interest to run the course over 3 days for a practical learning experience, unlike other training companies who provide an intensive 2-day course. We are effectively providing an extra day training at no additional cost.
Our ITIL® Practitioner classroom course is accredited by BCS.
About the courses
The course syllabus consists of 6 key units, with each unit gradually increasing your knowledge and understanding of the required outcomes for the ITIL® Practitioner qualification and its benefits.
Service Management concepts and the important drivers of continual service improvement.
- Apply the concept of “Adopt and Adapt” when using ITIL guidance in a given context.
- Analyse the importance of each element of the definition of a service when planning and implementing service improvements.
Ability to understand and apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context, when planning and implementing service improvements.
- Apply the ITSM guiding principles in a given context when planning and implementing service improvements.
Be able to apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organisational context.
- Describe the purpose and main outputs of each step of the CSI Approach.
- Use the CSI Approach tools and techniques successfully in a given specific context.
- Apply the CSI approach to a given context, including a holistic view of the guiding principles and how the three critical competencies contribute to an improvement (Communication, Metrics & Measurement, OCM).
Be able to use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement.
- Define critical success factors (CSFs) using a relevant hierarchical approach.
- Determine key performance indicators (KPIs) to underpin a critical success factor.
- Define a current state assessment plan in a given context.
- Design a report in a given context.
- Apply knowledge of metrics and measurement when planning and implementing improvements, particularly in the context of the CSI approach and/or the guiding principles.
How to communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement.
- Explain the nature, value, importance and benefits of good communication.
- Explain communication principles.
- Explain the purpose and value of communication tools and techniques.
- Use relevant communication tools and techniques to support improvement in a given context.
- Apply knowledge of communications when planning and implementing improvements, particularly in the context of the CSI approach and/or the guiding principles.
Be able to apply organisational change management to support continual service improvement.
- Explain the role and impact of OCM in successful improvement.
- Describe the purpose and value of OCM activities.
- Use relevant OCM tools and techniques to support improvement in a given context.
- Apply knowledge of OCM when planning and implementing improvements, particularly in the context of the CSI approach and/or the guiding principles.
Who Should Attend
The qualification aims to demonstrate that IT Service Management (ITSM) professionals are equipped with the skills to apply ITIL® concepts in their organisation, ensuring maximum business value by delivering fit-for-purpose and fit-for-use services. At the same time, it’s designed to give confidence to managers that the members of their team are ready to initiate and successfully carry out required improvement initiatives.
The organisational benefits of attending the ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course are that it:
- Builds on the knowledge previously gained at the ITIL® Foundation course
- Will show you how to effectively and efficiently implement IT Service Management using the ITIL® framework
- Will ensure that your IT services are aligned with business needs.
- Will demonstrate the value that efficient IT service bring to an organisation.
- Will ensure that badly needed processes are implemented without the need to employ costly consultants.
The individual benefits of attending the ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course are that:
- It will give you a broader knowledge how how to implement IT Service Management using the ITIL® Framework.
- You will gain an insight into effective and efficient methods of process design and deployment.
- It will enhance your ITSM career prospects.
- The official ITIL® Practitioner Handbook from ‘The Stationery Office’ (TSO)
- Information for BCS Exam Candidates
- Course Manual
- Course Slides
- Exercises and Handouts
- Sample Questions
- Free Pen with Highlighter
Before attending an ITIL® Practitioner Certificate training course you must previously have gained an ITIL® Foundation certificate (v2, v3 or v2011).
You will be supplied with the official ITIL® Practitioner manual and a reading guide as pre-reading for this course.
If it has been some time since you undertook the ITIL® Foundation course, then revisiting the course materials would obviously make sense. If you no longer have the materials, don’t worry as you will be provided with a Foundation summary guide that may help refresh the parts that other manuals cannot.
The ITIL® Practitioner Certificate exam lasts 1 hour and 45 minutes (15 minutes extra time for non-native English speakers) and is ‘open book’.
The exam is a scenario-based multiple choice exam that tests the candidate’s ability to apply the knowledge and the tools in the best possible way.
The successful completion of the test will give you 3 Credits towards the ITIL® Expert qualification.
NOTE: The exam is taken on the afternoon of the 3rd day of the course.
The exam is based on various elements of ITIL®, with a strong focus on Continual Service Improvement (CSI), a fundamental lifecycle stage in ITIL®; as well as additional guidance covering the practical elements in more detail.
All our courses are available both as public and as a closed group (company internal).
Once you have completed your training and passed your exam you have several options available to you for further study and career enhancement.
ITIL® Capability Modules
- ITIL® Service Offerings and Agreements
- ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
- ITIL® Operational Support and Analysis
- ITIL® Planning, Protection and Optimisation
ITIL® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please contact us for more info.