Duration: 3 days
Exam Included: Yes
Qualification: PRINCE2® Foundation Certificate
PRINCE2® is the leading Project Management methodology and it is based on the experiences of many Project Managers, Project Teams and the projects they have undertaken both successfully and unsuccessfully.
Our PRINCE2® Foundation course will focus on equipping you with a detailed knowledge of the PRINCE2® methodology including the seven principles, seven processes and seven themes central to running a project using this method. The successful completion of the PRINCE2® Foundation examination will give you a recognised qualification. Our course is delivered using accelerated learning techniques which create fun, interactive and interesting training environments. We provide pre-course materials and activities to enable you to prepare themselves for the course so that you can take full advantage of the trainer’s knowledge and guidance.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
About the courses
Our PRINCE2® Foundation course will cover the following subjects:
- Principles Of PRINCE2® Foundation
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting Up A Project Process
- Directing A Project Process
- Initiating A Project Process
- Controlling A Stage Process
- Managing A Product Delivery Process
- Managing A Stage Boundary Process
- Closing A Project Process
- Tailoring The PRINCE2® Foundation Certification To The Project Environment
Who Should Attend
Our PRINCE2® Foundation course is suitable for those that work in an a PRINCE2® Environment and need a basic understanding of the key components and processes.
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the Project Management Lifecycle.
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits.
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making.
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognised Project Management Method.
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself.
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers.
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control.
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout.
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
- Full Materials Including Official ‘Managing Successful Project With PRINCE2®’ Manual
- Highly Skilled and Knowledgeable Tutors
- PRINCE2® Foundation Examination
You will be given comprehensive pre-course reading that you will need to complete before attending our PRINCE2® Foundation training course.
Some experience in a Project Management environment is useful but not essential.
- 75 multiple-choice questions.
- The examination duration is 1 hour
- The pass mark is 35 marks out of 75 questions (50% pass mark)
The examination is taken on the afternoon of the 3-rd day.
All our courses are available both as public and as a closed group (company internal).
Once you have completed your training and passed your exam you have several options available to you for further study and career enhancement.
Prince2® is a Registered Trade Mark, and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Cabinet Office, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Please contact us for more info.